There’s a lot of work and effort that goes into selling a house. Before you hand over the keys to the new buyers, you must go through the final stage of the house: the selling process. There are a lot of things that you have to do prior to closing the deal. Because of this, we will be covering a complete selling house closing checklist for you to follow.
Selling House Closing Checklist
In order to sell your home fast, you need to be prepared throughout the selling process. Once the terms of the sale are negotiated, you and the buyer will have to agree on a closing date as well as location. Before the closing date, it’s important to determine if the buyer is using a lender, or if they’re a cash home buyer. Here are some of the items that you must have on the closing checklist:
Closing Checklist for Seller
- Things to Bring: You have to bring a photo identification of those who are on the home contract, a pen, main keys and also the security codes of the home along with the deed of the home. You also have to bring the documentation of any repairs you have made.
- What Realtor and Closing Agent Need to Bring: There are certain things that your closing agent and realtor have to bring for closing. These include loan payoff information, your mortgage, account information, HUD 1 settlement agreement, termite inspections and inspection agreements.
- Seller Expenses to Pay: You also have to pay off the typical seller expenses such as mortgage balance, property taxes, agent commissions, HOA dues, utility bills, insurance and other home related bills. You also need to pay title fees and any attorney fees.
After Closing Checklist
Once the home closing process of selling your house is done, you can now wrap everything up. You must receive a package of paperwork related to house closing that you have to complete. This can come along with a check for the proceeds of the sale. Here is a complete after-closing checklist for you:
- Make sure that all the utilities are properly transferred out from your name to the new house owner.
- You also have to cancel all the insurance policies related to the sold house once the title of the house has been transferred formally to the new owner.
- Also make sure to file the closing paperwork in a very safe place so that you can only access it when needed.
So, this is everything you should include in your selling house closing checklist. Selling a home is not as simple as you think or read, as it can require a lot of time and effort. You need to be patient and make sure that all the paperwork and formal agreements are properly signed. It’s very important to have a safe and secure transfer of the title of your home to the new owner. If you need to quickly sell your house, our team here at 365 Property Buyers is prepared to give you a cash offer today on your home. Call us now at (501)369-0365
Cities in Arkansas where We Buy Houses
|Alexander – We Buy Houses Alexander|
|Austin – We Buy Houses Austin|
|Beebe – We Buy Houses Beebe|
|Bella Vista – We Buy Houses Bella Vista|
|Benton – We Buy Houses Benton|
|Bryant – We Buy Houses Bryant|
|Cabot – We Buy Houses Cabot|
|Conway – We Buy Houses Conway|
|Fayetteville – We Buy Houses Fayetteville|
|Fort Smtih – We Buy Houses Fort Smith|
|Hot Springs – We Buy Houses Hot Springs|
|Jacksonville – We Buy Houses Jacksonville|
|Jonesboro – We Buy Houses Jonesboro|
|Little Rock – We Buy Houses Little Rock|
|Maumelle – We Buy Houses Maumelle|
|North Little Rock – We Buy Houses North Little Rock|
|Paragould – We Buy Houses Paragould|
|Pine Bluff – We Buy Houses Pine Bluff|
|Rogers – We Buy Houses Rogers|
|Russellville – We Buy Houses Russellville|
|Searcy – We Buy Houses Searcy|
|Sherwood – We Buy Houses Sherwood|
|Springdale – We Buy Houses Springdale|
|Texarkana – We Buy Houses Texarkana|
|Van Buren – We Buy Houses Van Buren|
|West Memphis – We Buy Houses West Memphis|